Savant Wealth Management
Looking for a dynamic career that allows you to apply both your technical and relationship skills to deliver a robust and holistic experience to clients? At Savant Wealth Management, our Tax and Consulting team serves as partners in building lifetime relationships with clients. The needs of our clients reach beyond traditional financial planning and investment management. As a Tax and Planning Associate, you will play an important role in delivering tax and consulting services and specialized financial planning to clients. This broad learning experience give you exposure to tax preparation, financial planning and business services (accounting, payroll, and other business services consulting). The knowledge you gain opens a variety of career paths within Savant to serve as an advisor to clients with the most complex wealth planning needs.
You will assist our wealth strategy specialists (tax, planning and consulting) and wealth advisors with delivering our Ideal Futures Process to clients. This comprehensive process addresses all areas of a client’s wealth management needs.
- Front-line preparation of tax returns (federal and state for individual, corporation, partnership, fiduciary)
- Assist with tax projections
- Support our wealth advisory team on tax planning related questions
- Manage client needs and requests; attend client meetings, as needed
- Conduct technical research
- Gather, organize and synthesize client data and review client financial statements, tax returns, estate planning documents and all other information necessary to develop a financial plan or other various analyses
- Prepare and deliver various financial planning analyses (i.e., tax analyses, social security analyses, insurance analyses, stock option analyses, Roth conversion analyses, pension analyses, etc.)
- Assist in creating financial planning content for use in blogs and other Savant materials
Business Services (Consulting)
- Assist with the preparation of monthly financial statements, including bank reconciliations, payroll processing, journal entries, etc.
- Assist with the preparation of various quarterly and annual compliance reports.
- Support senior level managers and attend client meetings as needed.
- The Tax and Planning Associate position typically requires the following qualifications:
- Bachelor’s Degree in Business Administration, Finance, Accounting or related field from an accredited college or university, preferably with a CFP program
- 0-5 years experience in tax preparation and/or financial planning
- Pursuing or active CPA license
- CERTIFIED FINANCIAL PLANNER™ certification a plus (or interest in obtaining)
- Proficiency with Word, Excel, and Outlook, as well as financial planning and/or tax software
- Familiarity with online and print tax research resources a plus
- Strong analytical and organizational capabilities
- Detail-oriented with a high degree of accuracy
- Excellent communication and listening skills
- Client first attitude
- A team player, collaborative, able to work with and through others
How to Apply
Please apply through Savant's careers page and note your affiliation with the Evans Scholars in the application.