Located in Superior, Wisconsin, near Lake Superior, Nemadji Golf Course offers unparalleled views coupled with a unique topography and beautiful tree-lined fairways. This 36-hole facility includes design elements from three distinctly different architects — Stanley Pelcher, Don Herfort and Roger Packard, who also designed courses at two other KemperSports-managed properties. In addition to the courses, Nemadji provides exceptional practice facilities including putting greens, chipping greens, full driving range and par-3 practice course. It also offers an array of other amenities, including a full-service bar and grill, banquet space and a large golf shop. Additional information can be found at www.nemadjigolf.com.
This position is responsible for the development and implementation of sales and marketing strategies, plans, and programs primarily designed to increase golf rounds played, maximize revenues, and promote a positive image of the facility. Responsibilities include the implementation of various strategies including direct and/or telephone sales, direct marketing communications, advertising, special event promotions, public relations, media relations, and community & municipal relations, etc. Responsibilities also include conducting periodic market research to provide information essential for revising current programs, which enhance the Company’s competitiveness in the marketplace, as well as for fiscal and operational analysis as appropriate.
Essential Duties and Responsibilities
- Develop and implement sales, marketing and public relations plans and strategies which serve to increase rounds played, promote a positive Company image, and maximize revenues according to overall fiscal and operational budgeted goals.
- Build relationships with media, hotels, convention contacts, golf associations, civic organizations, etc. to promote group outings, special events, and tournament play.
- Develop and organize group outings, special events and tournaments and manage communication between departments to help ensure coordination of activities. Maintain positive relationships and communicate clearly, tactfully, and persuasively with employees, customers and outside contacts as applicable. Ensure that all employees, especially customer contact personnel, fully understand all pertinent details in order to maximize customer satisfaction.
- Monitor facility activities and make recommendations to improve customer service and/or operational efficiencies.
- Represent the Company in meetings and/or presentations with various clients, municipalities, and other outside agencies regarding the marketing related plans and strategies.
- Review and analyze internal and external market information, which reflects customer purchase, usage, and satisfaction with Company products and services. Monitor and track results of marketing and sales efforts, analyze budget variances and recommend revised action plans to achieve budgeted goals.
- Maintain knowledge of current and projected industry developments through continuous attention to marketing and golf industry periodicals and participation in relevant trade organizations.
- Assure the efficient and timely submission of all required operational, financial, budgetary and related marketing and sales reports.
- Cross train other key staff members regarding the general sales process and important components as appropriate to facilitate the overall success of the team.
- Perform other duties as appropriate.
- BA or BS degree preferred.
- 5 years applicable marketing, sales, and management experience, preferably in the golf industry.
- Demonstrated experience and capability in the areas of budget development, fiscal management, strategic planning, staff management, marketing, sales, public relations and community relations.
- Demonstrated quality written, verbal, and interpersonal communication skills.
- Ability to analyze and solve problems; efficiently handle multiple duties under pressure with minimal supervision; work flexible hours as required including nights/weekends.
- Positive attitude, professional manner and appearance in all situations.
- May supervise telemarketing and/or direct sales staff
- Full-Time, Non-Seasonal, Exempt
KemperSports is an Equal Opportunity Employer
How to Apply
Please apply through the KemperSports online application. Please reference your affiliation to the Evans Scholars Foundation in your application.