Whiting-Turner Contracting Company
Whiting-Turner is one of the fastest growing construction firms in the nation, but not through acquisitions of other firms. Our growth is completely organic and derived from the pride our people take in applying ethics and talent to the opportunities presented, as well as their unwavering dedication to our primary mission — delighting our customers. We are looking for motivated, dynamic, determined problem-solvers to assist in the management of the project schedule, budget and overall construction process. Come be part of our team!
Project engineers will work on a project team, reporting to a project manager and/or superintendent. Day-to-day responsibilities include assisting in:
- Coordinating work with project owner representatives, architects, engineers, inspectors, and site subcontractors.
- Managing the estimating and bidding process and tracking costs to manage project budget.
- Negotiating contracts and purchase orders to document all ordered work, schedules, projected costs, change orders and technical specifications.
- Implementing project technology to increase efficiency of the project team, including Building Information Modeling, Virtual Reality, and Augmented Reality.
- Creating and maintaining project schedules including each task associated with project completion.
- Reviewing construction drawings, specifications/submittals, change orders and resolving and clarifying design issues.
- Documenting the technical, financial and personnel aspects of each project.
- Providing support to ensure contract compliance, quality control and maintenance of a safe work site.
- Tracking project phase completion against milestones.
- Assisting in the bidding process for new project pursuits.
- Participating in client/progress meetings throughout the lifecycle of a project.
- Authorized to work in the U.S. without sponsorship.
- Bachelor of Science in a relevant discipline, including Engineering, Construction Management, Construction Technology, Engineering Technology, etc.
- Proficiency in Microsoft Office Suite.
- Knowledge of basic business principles in order to project and monitor expenses.
- Ability to display a high degree of responsibility, ownership and integrity.
- Exceptional written and verbal communication skills.
- Ability to manage multiple activities throughout the course of a project.
- Ability to maintain strict confidentiality regarding projects and project partners.
- Desire to seek out and resolve project issues with a team.
- Internship/experience with construction projects, mechanical/electrical systems, building materials, building mechanics or working with craft workers.
- Previous knowledge of construction technology.
- Ability to read and understand technical specifications, construction drawings, technical manuals, product/material installation instructions and engineering/architectural drawings.
- Flexibility to travel/relocate for short or long periods of time.
- Exposure to software.
- Specific project resources such as Quality Management Plan, Environment Health & Safety Manual.
- Continued learning/training throughout life of your career.
- Construction industry trainings (OSHA, ANSI standards, local and state building codes, environmental codes, availability of industry-specific codes and guidelines.)
The Whiting-Turner Contracting Company is an Equal Opportunity Employer, including the disabled and veterans.
How to Apply
Please send cover letter/resume and location preferences to Lindsay.email@example.com. Please mention your affiliation with the Evans Scholars Foundation.