Whiting-Turner Contracting Company
Whiting-Turner is one of the fastest growing construction firms in the nation, but not through acquisitions of other firms. Our growth is completely organic and derived from the pride our people take in applying ethics and talent to the opportunities presented, as well as their unwavering dedication to our primary mission — delighting our customers. We are looking for motivated, dynamic, determined problem solvers to assist in the management of subcontractors and our construction sites. Come be part of our team!
Field engineers will work on a project team, reporting to a project manager and/or superintendent. Day-to-day responsibilities include assisting with:
- Coordinating and directing the work of all trades assigned to a construction work site.
- Supporting creation of project budgets and schedules.
- Identifying, tracking and resolving field issues and change orders.
- Setting expectations for managing a safe work site and ensuring that work is performed safely.
- Willing and able to deal with an emergency, should one arise.
- Reviewing and documenting each trade’s work progress with respect to each project phase.
- Ensuring work is completed in accordance with quality standards and contract documents.
- Reviewing construction drawings, specifications and submittals.
- Forecasting, coordinating and communicating the logistics needs/plan for the project to trade partners and the wider team.
- Coordinate/align project partners plans with Whiting-Turner planning process.
- Assisting in the bidding process for new project pursuits.
- Implementing project technology to increase efficiency of the project team, including Building Information Modeling, Virtual Reality, and Augmented Reality.
- Authorized to work in the U.S. without sponsorship.
- Bachelor of Science in a relevant discipline, i.e. Engineering, Construction Management, Construction Technology, Engineering Technology, etc.
- Proficiency in Microsoft Office Suite.
- Knowledge of basic business principles in order to project and monitor expenses.
- Ability to display a high degree of responsibility, ownership and integrity.
- Exceptional written and verbal communication skills.
- Organized and goal-oriented work approach.
- Ability to manage multiple activities throughout the course of a project.
- Ability to maintain strict confidentiality regarding projects and project partners.
- Desire to seek out and resolve project issues with a team.
- Internship/experience with construction projects, mechanical/electrical systems, building materials, building mechanics or working with craft workers.
- Previous knowledge of construction technology.
- Ability to read and understand technical specifications, construction drawings, technical manuals, product/material installation instructions and engineering/architectural drawings.
- Flexibility to travel/relocate for short or long periods of time.
- Exposure to software.
- Specific project resources such as Quality Management Plan, Environment Health & Safety Manual, etc.
- Continued learning/training throughout life of your career.
- Construction industry trainings (OSHA, ANSI standards, local and state building codes, environmental codes, availability of industry-specific codes and guidelines.
The Whiting-Turner Contracting Company is an Equal Opportunity Employer, including the disabled and veterans.
How to Apply
Please send cover letter/resume and location preferences to Lindsay.firstname.lastname@example.org. Please mention your affiliation with the Evans Scholars Foundation.