2019-20 Academic Year
Resident Advisor (RA) provides support, guidance and leadership to the
individual Evans Scholars, Executive Board, Chapter Advisor, WGA/ESF officials,
and the University to maximize the potential for success for all Evans Scholars
and to help ensure the best possible living environment. The RA will be
provided housing in the Scholarship House.
1. Work closely with individual Evans Scholars along with the Chapter Advisor(s), Executive Board and Graduate Resident Advisor(s) to ensure the success of all the Evans Scholars.
2. Establish and post office hours during which time they will be available to meet with Evans Scholars.
3. Attend Chapter and Executive Board meetings as well as Chapter functions.
4. Meet with the Chapter Advisor(s) and Graduate Resident Advisor(s) on a regular basis.
5. On a regular basis, check the public areas of the Scholarship House and property. Any maintenance, security or cleanliness issues should be reported to the appropriate person for immediate attention. In addition, the RA will participate in all formal end-of-term and other Scholarship House inspections.
• Expected to be a student enrolled in a university undergraduate program.
• Demonstrate excellent communication, coordination, and problem-solving skills.
• Have enthusiasm and a genuine interest in working with and mentoring undergraduate students.
• Exhibit excellent leadership with strong motivational skills.
• Possess a strong sense of responsibility and high level of maturity.