Welcome to the Application for the Chick Evans Scholarship for Caddies!
2015 Scholarship Applications Available August 1
The 2015 Application for the Chick Evans Scholarship for caddies will be available Aug. 1. The majority of the application will be completed online. Applicants will create a username and password so they can save their application and return to it later. All completed applications that have been signed and submitted will be reviewed by the Scholarship Committee, with preference given to those who submit the application on or before September 30.
With the help of a parent or guardian, take time to review and study all the information found on these pages. There are several parts to the application and all must be complete before the Scholarship Committee will begin its review.
Eligibility and Evaluation Criteria
To be eligible to apply for a Chick Evans Scholarship for Caddies, all applicants must meet the following requirements: strong caddie record, excellent academics, demonstrated financial need and outstanding character.
- Strong caddie record: Applicants must have caddied, successfully and regularly, for a minimum of two years and are expected to caddie at their sponsoring club the year they apply for the scholarship.
- Excellent academics: Applicants must have completed their junior year of high school with above a B average in college preparatory courses and are required to take the ACT.
- Demonstrated financial need: Applicants must clearly have a need for financial assistance.
- Outstanding character: Applicants must be outstanding in character, integrity and leadership.
Applicants are evaluated and compete on the above criteria for the limited number of Chick Evans Scholarships for Caddies awarded annually. The Scholarship Committee will interview finalists and the final selection rests with the Committee.
Step-by-Step Guide to Applying for the Evans Scholarship
- Click “Apply Now.”
- Enter the password provided by the Evans Scholars Foundation and begin the application process.
- Complete the online portion of the application by filling out the forms under each of the eight sections. You can complete these steps in any order.
- Under the “Family Financial Information” section, there is an option to upload or mail a statement describing your family’s financial situation and a copy of your parents’ most recent federal tax return, related schedules and W-2 form(s).
- In the “Photo” section, upload a photo of yourself (such as your senior class photo). If you do not wish to upload a photo, you can mail the photo (please send two copies).
- Upload your typed essay in the “Essay” section.
- In the “Additional Application Requirements” section, download and print the High School Evaluation and the Caddie Evaluation forms. Bring them to the appropriate high school official and caddie manager to be completed by early October.
- Click “Sign Application” to complete the online portion of your application.
- After submitting your application online, you will receive an email confirming the receipt of your application. In the email, a link to the online CSS Financial Profile student guide will be provided. The completed profile must be submitted to CSS along with the required fee as soon as possible. The Evans Scholars Foundation CSS code is 0153.
- Applicants are required to take the ACT with writing. The Evans Scholars Foundation ACT code is 1026.
- Any mailed documents should be sent unfolded in a large 9” x 12” envelope to:
Western Golf Association
Attn: Scholarship Committee
One Briar Road
Golf, IL 60029
- Any questions can be directed to Gina Iovino at (224) 260-3726 or firstname.lastname@example.org.