Evans Scholarship Application
Welcome to the Application for the Chick Evans Scholarship for Caddies!
The 2018-19 application for the Chick Evans Scholarship for caddies is now available and accepted at the beginning of the applicant’s senior year of high school. Applications will also be accepted from 2018 high school graduates. Applications (including supporting documents- evaluations, recommendation letters, transcript, test scores, CSS Profile and FAFSA) are expected to be complete by October 30, review will then begin and all decisions will be finalized before April 1.
With the help of a parent or guardian, take time to review and study all the information found on these pages. There are several parts to the application and all must be complete before the Scholarship Committee will begin its review.
Eligibility and Evaluation Criteria
To be eligible to apply for a Chick Evans Scholarship for Caddies, all applicants must meet the following requirements: strong caddie record, excellent academics, demonstrated financial need and outstanding character.
Applicants are evaluated and compete on the above criteria for the limited number of Chick Evans Scholarships for Caddies awarded annually. The Scholarship Committee will interview finalists and the final selection rests with the Committee.
Step-by-Step Guide to Applying for the Evans Scholarship
Applications are available online beginning August 1, and are accepted at the beginning of the applicant's senior year of high school. (Applications will also be accepted from 2018 high school graduates). Evans Scholarship applications will receive full consideration when the directions below are followed accurately and completely. Once submitted, all application information and supporting materials will become the exclusive property of the Evans Scholars Foundation and cannot be returned.
1. Go to www.wgaesf.org and hover over the "Scholarships" tab. A menu will appear. Click "Evans Scholarship Application," then click "Apply Now."
2. Fill out the online portion of the application.
There are four parts to the application and some contain multiple sections.
• Initial Applicant Information – Name, email, club and high school
• Applicant Photo
• Personal Information – Address, high school and club information (including evaluation PDF to download and give to the appropriate individuals).
• Family Information – List parents and siblings.
• Academic & Extracurricular Information – Activities, volunteering, hobbies, etc.
• Applicant Essay – Please prepare, in your own words, a typed essay (two pages, double-spaced) that will enable the Scholarship Committee to become better acquainted with you. Your essay should include personal background, future goals, what you expect from a college education and your qualifications for a Chick Evans Scholarship for caddies. Please include personal experiences and specific examples in your essay.
• ACT/SAT Scores – All applicants are required to take the ACT and/or SAT test. The Evans Scholars Foundation ACT code is 1026. The Evans Scholars Foundation SAT code is 0153.
• Family Financial Information – Have a parent or guardian write a statement summarizing your family’s financial condition. Include any extraordinary expenses or factors that should be taken into account in determining the family's financial need (i.e. employment conditions, medical expenses and/or support of other dependents). Submit copies of front pages of parent(s) 2016 and 2017 Federal tax returns (include Form 1040, do not include schedules and W-2 forms) along with parent(s') most recent pay stub(s).
Additional Application Requirements
• CSS Financial Profile – All applicants are required to complete the 2019-20 CSS/Financial Aid Profile at student.collegeboard.org/css-financial-aid-profile as soon as possible after it becomes available on October 1. When filling out the Profile use the Evans Scholars Foundation’s Code Number 0153 and Housing Code 2 (off-campus). Please use the 2018-19 Student Guide which provides the basic information needed to complete the CSS Profile. Direct all questions about the CSS/Financial Aid Profile to 844-202-0524.
• FAFSA Student Aid Report – All applicants are required send a copy of the completed 2019-20 FAFSA Federal Student Aid Report with the Expected Family Contribution (EFC) number when it becomes available. The 2019-20 FAFSA will be available to file on October 1 at https://fafsa.ed.gov/.
3. Apply directly to the Evans Scholarship university(ies) for admission by October 30.
Evans Scholarship applications will receive full consideration when the directions above are followed accurately and completely. Once submitted, all application information and supporting materials will become the exclusive property of the Evans Scholars Foundation and cannot be returned.
Any questions can be directed to firstname.lastname@example.org.