Futures on Course

 

Northwestern Scholars celebrate new home

Scholarship House Dedication Ceremony

Evans Scholars, Alumni, Directors and friends of the Program gathered at 721 University Place on Oct. 10, 2010 to formally dedicate the newly renovated Northwestern Evans Scholarship House. The event featured speeches by Northwestern University President Dr. Morton Schapiro, WGA Chairman Roger Mohr and Northwestern Evans Alum Tim Schwertfeger. The Northwestern marching band entertained guests before the ceremony.

"Today our Northwestern Scholarship House once again can be held up as an example of the best that group living has to offer," said Chairman Mohr. "With this restoration and expansion, all of our Northwestern Scholars - men and women - are now experiencing the values and commitment to community that group living inspires."

In 1930, two caddies enrolled in Northwestern. It was there that the first Evans Scholarship House opened a decade later. Today more than 600 Scholars have lived in the House over the years. The new House has additional space for more Scholars, expanded community areas, separate male and female bathrooms and full accessibility. Approximately 40 Scholars will live in the House each year.

The Futures on Course campaign has been the most successful in the history of the Evans Scholars Foundation, raising nearly $6 million. Contributions still are being accepted. 

The campaign committee co-chairmen were Bob Creamer, Jim Reilly and Tim Schwertfeger, and the committee directors were Jim Boudreau, Keith Dronen and John Murphy.


A Facelift for the Evans Scholars House

Check out Northwestern University's special video tour of the new Evans Scholarship House.

 

Futures on Course

Learn more about the campaign to renovate the Evans Scholarship House at Northwestern University