The Western Golf Association's championships rank among the oldest and most prestigious in the United States. We use our tournament legacy and reputation to further our charitable mission: the Evans Scholars Foundation, which awards college scholarships to caddies from modest means. For more fast facts on the Evans Scholars, view our 2014 Program Overview.
- We conduct four of the nation's most prestigious golf championships
- More than 300 championships held for professional and amateur golfers since our founding
- 70 top PGA TOUR players compete in the BMW Championship, penultimate event in FedEx Cup Playoffs
- 3,000 volunteers at our championships in 2013
Our Evans Scholars
- 245 full tuition and housing awards this year
- 870 Evans Scholars enrolled at 19 universities for the 2014-15 academic year
- Evans Scholarship Houses at 14 universities
- Comprehensive selection criteria includes academics, financial need, caddie record and strong character & leadership
- Evans Scholars are campus leaders in academic and extracurricular activities
- Cumulative GPA is 3.2
- Graduation rate is 95 percent
- 9,990 Evans Scholars Alumni
- Nation’s largest scholarship program for golf caddies
- Golf’s favorite charity with over 26,000 annual Par Club members
- Program ambassadors include more than 500 WGA Directors nationwide
- More than $319 million in tuition and housing scholarships awarded all-time
- Average total value of an Evans Scholars is more than $80,000 over four years
- Alumni contributed nearly $6 million in 2013 and over $79.8 million cumulatively
- More than $12.7 million in tuition and housing expenses paid in 2013-14 academic year
- For fourth straight year, recognized coveted 4-star rating from Charity Navigator. Only 7 percent of charities rated have received at least four consecutive 4-star evaluations.
- Program funding: Par Club contributions and major gifts, 72%; tournament and events, 18%; other contributions such as bag tag membership, memorials and bequests, 10%.
As of: 10/03/14